Our History

site image

Our firm was founded by Lew Franklin Sr. and Saxon Downs in 1946. In 1972, Lew Franklin, Jr. and LeRoy J. Hart partnered to provide services to the surrounding Modesto Community. In the late 70s, Franklin & Downs acquired the McHenry and Ceres locations. The Colonial Chapel was built in 1887 by George Perly Stone, a local banker; the home was his primary residence for over 30 years.

© 2017 Franklin & Downs Funeral Home McHenry Chapel. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service